Choosing the best cookware is very important to prepare your meal or all the delicious food. This is because you cannot say cooking is all about a combination of recipes and spices. You must need comfortable cookware that will give you extra benefits like even and proper cooking while you cook your food. As stainless steel cookware is a great option to cook perfectly, you should know how to cook with stainless steel cookware in the right way.
Is stainless steel safe for cooking?
Using stainless steel cookware is completely safe for us. According to the report of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it's safe to use for cooking and any other purposes. But the condition is that it must contain at least 16% chromium. Stainless steel cookware is also safer and stable than other more reactive copper or aluminum cookware. If you want to know about the best stainless steel cookware without aluminum, check this article.
How Do I Prepare Stainless Steel Cookware?
You can prepare your stainless steel cookware by following some easy steps such as:
- First, you have to wash your cookware pan with soap and warm water.
- Then you need to select oil to season your pan.
- After that, you have to pour enough oil into your pan and spread it to the bottom.
- Now heat your pan on the stove, taking 2 minutes at a medium level of heat.
- Then, you have to remove your pan from the heating condition after your oil starts to smoke.
- Then leave the oil for cooling down for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, wipe the inside your pan with a clean cloth or paper towel. It's now ready to use for cooking.
How to Cook with Stainless Steel Cookware -- The Right Way
Cooking with stainless steel cookware is a means of cooking healthier food. The popularity of this cookware is high among not only the general people but also the professional chefs worldwide. However, if you know how to cook with stainless steel cookware perfectly, you will enjoy cooking more with this. Some of the special tips are mentioned below for you:
Keep the temperature lower to the medium: The good thing about cooking with stainless steel cookware is that you can quickly cook your food with an evenly cooking result. But the best rule to cook perfect food with it is to keep the cooking temperature lower to medium. You will not get even cooking with higher temperatures; instead, it will create unsightly discoloration that can negatively affect the finish.
Keep in mind to preheat the cookware: You should not forget to preheat your stainless steel cookware because this is an essential thing to cook with it. The preheat creates the cooking surface, ready to cook anything you want. It also ensures a consistent temperature all over the cookware.
Follow the right way to preheat the cookware: This is also important to know whether you have correctly preheated the pan of the cookware or not. You can check this matter easily by dropping some water on the cookware. If you see that the water drop has made a ball or it rolls on the cookware, you can start using your cookware. It indicates that your cookware is ready to do the job.
Add oil after preheating: After you preheat the cookware pan, you need to put some oil on it. You should not add any unless the pan is hot enough. A pastry brush will be good to swirl the oil around the pan and then put the cookware pan again on the stove. Your cookware will be ready to use within 4 minutes.
Try to use non-abrasive utensils: While using your cookware and cooking your food, you should use the non-abrasive utensils. This will not create any scratches on the surface of the pan.
How Do I Clean & Care My Stainless Steel Cookware
Sometimes many of you cannot properly use stainless steel cookware. As a result, it gets something that throws you tough cleaning challenges. So you need to clean it and take care by maintaining a routine. Here are some tips for cleaning and caring for your cookware:
- Clean the built-up food by soaking the pan for several hours in warm water, mixing some soap. After that, scrub it nicely with a pad to remove the food build-up.
- Clean the burn marks from your cookware using baking soda. But before using baking soda, you need to make sure you the pan are fully dry.
- Remove the water spots from it by swishing some club soda around the pan and then rinse it off and wipe it with a clean cloth. Then leave it to dry.
- Follow all the using tips properly while using your cookware. If you can do so, you don't need to take any other steps to take care of it.
- Never place the glass covers on the burner or in a toaster oven. It will damage your covers.
Frequently asked questions
Is stainless steel cookware better than non-stick?
Is it hard to clean stainless steel cookware?
Does stainless steel cause cancer?
Hopefully, after reading this article, you have come to learn about all the ins and outs of how to cook with stainless steel cookware. To get the most benefits and easier cooking experience, all you need to do is to make sure your cookware pans don't stick. If you can follow all the rules mentioned here, you can enjoy cooking with your stainless steel cookware.