Cooking rice on your stovetop can end up with overcooked or undercooked rice. Enjoy consistently and separate grains when cooking rice with a rice cooker. This electric appliance makes cooking rice for your family easy. You can prepare various rice types depending on your preference. Apart from cooking rice, there are other great ways you can use a rice cooker. It is great for making hot breakfast, steaming veggies and pouch fruits. Etc.
You don’t have to be the most proficient chef to pick a quality rice cooker. If you need a budget-friendly rice cooker, we will help you pick the best rice cooker under 100. These are amazing appliances that eliminate guesswork when preparing rice. Here are a few best rice cookers under 100 that you should be sure to check out for your kitchen.
Are Rice Cookers Healthy?
Are rice cookers healthy? This is probably what is in your mind. Rice cookers are not harmful to your health. They do not put your health at risk hence they are safe to use.
They are good, convenient, and healthy to get food quickly. They give consistent results when cooking rice so no overcooked or undercooked rice. These appliances also offer automatic cooking so you don’t have to be there to monitor your rice.
Table of Content:
Below are some of the topics we have covered in reviewing the 5 best rice cookers under 100. Click on any link to get to any section you want to.
- Are Rice Cookers Healthy?
- 5 Best Rice Cooker Under 100 Reviews 2020
- Which Is Better: Cooker Rice or Boiled Rice?
- Why Does My Rice Burn in My Rice Cooker?
Check this comparison chart to see the features of rice cookers under 100.
5 Best Rice Cooker Under 100 Reviews 2020
There are a lot of best rice cooker under 100 in the market. Picking a suitable model can be time-consuming if you have to compare various models. However, I will narrow down the best five below to help you ease your selection.
1. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
The Panasonic 5 cup rice cooker is a good rice cooker brand I would recommend for you. If you love one-touch cooking that doesn't take time, then this is for you. It enables you to choose any programmed setting to help you cook any rice. With this cooker, you can cook your rice to perfection like the ones served in restaurants.
The cooker features an automatic shut off option to help prevent the rice from overcooking. It also has a keep warm mode that activates automatically when you are through with cooking. In this mode, it keeps the food warm for 12 hours. I know the hustle of warming food takes a lot of time, and you won't have the patience when hungry.
This cooker has a unique advanced fuzzy logic technology that comes with a microcomputer. With technology, you can be able to make delicate adjustments in cooking time and the temperatures. This provides you with precise cooking and more consistent results in your cooking.
Panasonic 5 Cup Features:
- The cooker has a dome lid that helps prevent accumulated water droplets from falling back into the rice.
- It has an ultra-non-stick pan that combines six heat-transmitting and retaining metals and coatings to cook rice evenly.
- It contains a measuring cup, rice, and cereal scoop and clearly marked measuring lines to ensure proper proportions.
- Attractive compact design that fits on the counter top and your dining table for convenient serving.
- Keep warm features activate automatically when you are through with cooking to keep food warm.
2. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
This is the best multi-functional rice cooker and the best rice cooker with steamer basket. One amazing thing with this cooker is that you can make two meals at a go. This is made possible by the tiger's own 'tacook' synchronized cooking function. The tiger rice cooker is also uniquely made from a tiger's cooking plate. The plate has a nice design such that its flavors don't affect the flavor or texture of the rice.
It features a non-stick surface to make cleaning easy. Therefore, your rice will not stick on the surface which can take time to clean. Operating this rice cooker is also straightforward with the one-push button.
Furthermore, this rice cooker has four cooking menu settings. With the settings, you can be able to cook all types of rice easily and perfectly.
TIGER JBV-A10U Features:
- The rice cooker has a BPA-free cooking plate for healthy food.
- It is easy to use since it has a one-push operation making cooking effortless.
- The cooker features an easy to clean non-stick coating inner pan that makes it easy to clean.
- You can choose up to four menu settings for slow cooking, brown rice, plain rice, and synchrony cooking.
- Apart from the rice cooker, you will find a steamer basket, measuring cup, and cooking plate.
3. Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
This is one of the best-selling rice cooker. We recommend this best rice cooker under 100 because of its versatility and faster cooking. The cooker features a quality material for durability. You don't have to worry about maintenance costs as you will be replacing any part of the cooker anytime soon.
This type of cooker replaces 7 different types of appliances in your kitchen. This is because it does the job of all those appliances. It combines all the 7 appliances in one, saving you a lot of time.
This cooker monitors the temperature and the pressure for best cooking. It also adjusts heating intensity and duration, therefore making your cooking a smooth process. You will also love the 14 cooking presets for fast cooking.
Instant Pot Duo Features:
- The instant pot duo mini cooker has installed safety measures to provide you with safe cooking experiences.
- It is easy to clean as its components and accessories are dishwasher safe, giving you effortless cleaning.
- Features a compact design that doesn't take a lot of space in your kitchen counters and cabinets.
- The cooker works well with various types of rice and delivers excellent cooking.
- The cooker provides 14 cooking presets to help you achieve faster cooking.
4. Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
This Zojirushi rice cooker is a 3 cup rice cooker that delivers superb cooking. This cooker keeps your rice warm for 5 hours. You can cook and go about your house chores for a while and still find your food warm.
The cooker comes with a non-stick removable pan, which is easy to clean. You won't take a lot of time doing the cleaning, thanks to the non- stick feature. Also, the say cool handles make it easy to transport the cooker from one place to another.
The cooker is simple to use as all you have to is push the switch to start. When the food has completed cooking, the switch and the light turn off, therefore keeping warm mode. You don't have to go through trouble using the rice cooker, thanks to the one-push switch feature.
Zojirushi NHS Features:
- The rice cooker possesses an automatic keep warm feature that keeps your rice warm and tasting fresh for hours.
- It comes with a see-through glass lid with a stay-cool knob that makes it easy for you to transport.
- The Zojirushi cooker has a single switch to use when switching it on and off.
- The rice cooker features stainless steel material which makes it durable.
- It has stay-cool handles that make transportation safe and easy.
5. Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker
If you want to make healthy meals in a flash, then this is the cooker you need. It is very much able to make you a complete and nutritious dinner in one cooking circle. This digital programmable cooker helps you steam or cook your food fast.
Amazingly, this cooker can handle up to 8 cups of cooked rice, making it perfect for your family. You will get a measuring cup so you don’t have to guess the water ratio. It also comes with a serving paddle to help you out when serving the food to your plates.
Cleaning is easy for you, as the cooker is dishwasher safe. It is a non-stick cooking pot; therefore, food will not stick to making cleaning an easy job. If you need a budget-friendly rice cooker, then this is the right one. This cooker is a cheap rice cooker, and you will easily afford it.
Hamilton Beach Digital Features:
- The Hamilton beach cooker has a timer function to help you with cooking or steaming food.
- It comes with a rice cleaner and a steam bucket that allows you to rinse the rice before cooking.
- It has four pre-programmed settings: white rice, whole grains, cereal, and even cereal.
- Its compact size makes its storage easy as it will fit in any space in your kitchen.
- The cooker can hold a capacity of 2-8 cups of rice and other whole grains.
Which Is Better: Cooker Rice or Boiled Rice?
You need to measure the exact quantity of water to cook the rice for cooked rice. Bring the rice to a boil, lower the heat, and let the steam do its work until the rice is cooked.
Cooker rice has better nutritional benefits as macronutrients such as protein, starch, and fiber give you more nutritional benefits. With these nutritional benefits, you will improve your health. The whole reason for eating some is because of the nutrients they provide us with.
When it comes to boiled rice, the rice remains fully submerged in liquid for the entire cooking time. To cook, you bring a larger quantity of water to boil and then boil the rice until it's cooked. Once the rice is ready, you have to drain the excess water.
In draining excess water, you lose some of the nutrients and starch. When the nutrients are drained with the water, boiled rice won't provide you with any nutritional benefit. Therefore, you should buy a rice cooker instead of boiling your rice.
Why Does My Rice Burn in My Rice Cooker?
When it comes to rice cookers, your rice is likely to burn a couple of times if you make mistakes. This cooker continues to operate even after water evaporates. As a result of the cooker continuing running, your rice starts burning.
The rice also burns when there is no water left, and also without enough rice, the cooker will overheat. Furthermore, using a smaller rice cooker will still operate the same way if you have more food to cook.
Turn off the cooker to prevent the rice from burning. You should not use the warm mode for very long as it may contribute to your rice burning. Avoid removing the lid as the rice cooks because the heat will escape too quickly.
As a result of this, the process of rice cooking itself will be interrupted. Remember that using better water to rice ratio will help save your rice from burning.
Frequently Asked Questions
People ask various burning questions regarding rice cookers. These are some top questions.
Is it good to cook rice in a rice cooker?
Yes, as the rice will cook itself and stops automatically when the rice is cooked. Cooking rice with a rice cook also provides you with better nutritional benefits, unlike boiling the rice.
How long do rice cookers last?
When taken good care of, rice cookers can last you for up to 7-8 good years. However, it is advisable to change the rubber cap rim every year or after every two years.
How long does it take to cook rice with a rice cooker?
Cooking rice with a rice cover takes around 20 minutes. However, some rice cookers have quick cook mode options, enabling you to cook the rice for less minutes.
Can you eat rice left in the rice cooker overnight?
No, eating rice left in the rice cooker overnight is not good. Bacteria grow very fast on rice, and therefore the rice becomes dangerous for consumption.
Can I leave the house with a rice cooker?
Yes, it either switches off or turns the temperature to warm when the rice has finished cooking. If you leave your rice in the cooker for too long, the quality will suffer no longer be good
Rice cookers come with more advantages than disadvantages. I'm more than sure you have decided on which best rice cooker under 100 to buy. After purchase, ensure you read instructions available on the user manual.
We recommend the Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker. This is a multi-purpose and space-saving rice cooker. The electric cooker features a compact design and provides up to 70% fast cooking. Additionally, it is easy to clean and comes at a budget-friendly price.