Camping is undoubtedly one of the best outdoor activities anyone can have. There is nothing like losing thyself in wildlife and spending time with nature. However, camping is incomplete without cooking. Cooking in open fire is the most exciting and enjoyable part of any camping for sure.
Unfortunately, cooking in the wild is somehow challenging, and not a cup of tea for everyone. You can do it only when you have the best camping cookware for open fire. Right cookware for open fire lets you carry it in your camping and set fire anywhere you want for cooking. Also, it makes your camping experience more authentic and satisfying.
Table of Content:
Do you want to read a specific section or want to perceive everything we have discussed below? Then you should check out our table of content below.
- 6 Best Camping Cookware for Open Fire Reviews 2021
- 1. Camping Cookware Set 304 Stainless Steel 8-Piece Pots
- 2. Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit
- 3. Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set
- 4. yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans
- 5. Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set 4 Person Camping Gear Campfire Utensils Non-Stick Cooking
- 6. REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Kettle
- How Do You Cook an Open Fire Camping? Step by Step Guide
- How to Clean Camping Cookware? Step by Step guide
- Final Thought
We have spent the time to create a complete comparison chart with some good cookware suitable for the open fire. Check it out so that you can make a better decision choosing the best one.
Camping Cookware Set 304 Stainless Steel 8-Piece Pots
Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit
Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set
yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans
Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set 4 Person Camping Gear Campfire Utensils Non-Stick Cooking
REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Kettle
6 Best Camping Cookware for Open Fire Reviews 2021
The market is now offering various cookware models from multiple brands. Not all those types will be suitable for you except for the best camping cookware for open fire. Here are some suggestions for cookware that may assist you in getting your desired one.
1. Camping Cookware Set 304 Stainless Steel 8-Piece Pots
Camping Cookware Set is an excellent example of the best camping cookware set with its quality and versatility. This one comes with a complete package to get Nonstick Frying/Sauce Pan, Steamer/strainer, Cooking Pot, and others. All those utensils are constructed with high quality 304 stainless Steel that ensures longevity.
Along with that, these pieces have a pure aluminum encapsulated base that delivers you an accurate heat distribution evenly. You can enjoy perfectly cooked food in your camping for more entertainment. With its professionally riveted handles and side grips, you can enjoy a perfect balance for a lifetime when using the cookware set.
The cookware set is highly portable. All those pieces have folding and removable handles that allow you to carry and store those easily. You’ll even get a lightweight, handy travel-bag that makes it easier to take the set with you on your camping. With its easy-grip handles, you can move the cookers without scorching your hand. Moreover, it ensures rigorous controls for maximum health safety.
Camping Cookware Features:
- The cookware set offers a complete package so that you don’t have to buy more things for cooking in an open fire.
- Its top-quality 304 stainless steel making delivers a longer lifespan to enjoy cooking for many camping.
- You have pure aluminum encapsulated base for even heat distribution to ensure a better-cooked food every time.
- It features professionally riveted easy-to-grip handles and side grips for perfect balance and comfortable touching during the cooking.
- You have folding and removable handles with a carrying bag that makes it suitable for carrying and storing.
2. Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit
Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit can be great cookware set under 100 for people who love outdoor camping. It comes with 22 pieces camping cookware set, which is suitable for a team of 4 people. With its aluminum alloy construction, you can have added durability and longevity.
Besides, you will have a non-stick Teflon coating that takes less oil to cook and ensures easy cleaning. Also, this coating conducts heat evenly to cook food perfectly. Apart from that, it features anti-slip, and heat-resistance handles on the pot and pan so that you can enjoy comfort using it. You will not burn your hand while moving the pots or pans during the cooking.
Carrying is extremely easy with its portable design and handles. It lets you even fold the set and store all those pieces together in the bag. The cookware set is versatile when it comes to cooking methods. You can hang the pot over the fire or put it directly on an open fire for cooking.
Odoland 22pcs Features:
- The cookware set comes with an aluminum alloy construction that offers maximum durability and sturdiness.
- It features a non-stick Teflon coating that ensures even heat distribution for perfect cooking and easy cleaning after cooking.
- You have anti-slip and heat-resistance handles that deliver comfort while moving the pots and pans during cooking.
- Its foldable and portable design and handles let you carry the cookware set and store it for saving space.
You can easily hang those pots over the fire or place them directly on an open fire for even more versatility.
3. Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set
Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set is one of the best fire cooking dishes that offer quality cooking in the open fire. It provides a 10-piece set for cooking on camping. You have large pots to boil foods quickly where its teapot lets you enjoy your chilly winter morning. All those pots, pans, and tea kettles have solid and light aluminum oxide construction.
This construction ensures high temperature as well as friction-resistant that makes it very durable and suitable for camping. Besides, it offers excellent thermal conductivity that helps you cook better food every time. Also, the entire set can handle high temperatures that make it suitable for the open fire. Its handles will keep your hand protected from heat during the cooking as well.
Apart from that, you will have a non-stick Teflon coating. This coating prevents the food from getting stuck and takes less oil to make the food healthy, even camping. Also, it ensures easy cleaning after cooking. Since it weighs only 1.5lbs, you can quickly put it on your backpack. Furthermore, you can store all those pieces together for convenient carrying.
Winterial Camping Features:
- The cookware set is made of concrete and light aluminum oxide construction that offers higher durability.
- It offers excellent thermal conductivity that ensures an equal heat distribution for an Impeccably cooked meal every time.
- You have a non-stick Teflon coating that restrains food from sticking and allows facile cleaning after the cooking.
- It can handle high temperatures that enhance longevity and keeps your hand safe during the
- You can carry the set in your backpack for its 1.5lbs weight and easy to store design.
4. yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans
If you’re after the best camping cookware for open fire, then you should consider the yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set. This set is made of hard-anodized aluminum that does not peel off when cooking to ensure healthy food. Also, this construction offers higher durability as well as facile cleaning. You will have a loofah sponge that makes it easy to launder cookware.
The set can easily handle high temperatures that make it suitable for open fire in camping. Also, its handles are heat resistant so that you can keep yourself safe from the heat. With its Quick heat transfer function, you can save a lot of time and fuel and cook food faster. In camping, you surely don’t want to wait too long for food.
This backpacking cookware set is suitable for up to five people. With this set, you can cook various types of food with ease. You will have a foldable handle design that makes it easier to store it in your mesh bag for easy transport. Besides, since it weighs only 2.93 pounds, your backpack won’t be too heavy for carrying.
yodo Anodized Aluminum Features:
- The hard-anodized aluminum construction allows the user to have healthy food and a long service time.
- It comes with a cleaning loofah sponge that enables you to launder cookware smoothly after cooking.
- The handle can handle high temperatures for durability where its heat resistant feature keeps your hand safe.
- You will get a Quick heat transfer design that cooks food very fast and saves your time and fuel.
- It offers a foldable handle design for easy storage, where its 2.93 Pound weight makes carrying easy.
5. Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set 4 Person Camping Gear Campfire Utensils Non-Stick Cooking
Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set comes with large pots, coffee kettle, and other pieces suitable for 2-3 adults. It has a rigid anodized aluminum construction that offers higher durability and healthy cooking. Besides, you will get a nonstick surface that prevents any food from getting stuck and contaminating your food. With its quick heat transformation system, you can save cooking time and fuel as well.
The construction can handle high temperatures and resist abrasion that makes it easy to clean. Moreover, you will get a loofah sponge that makes cleaning these utensils easier. All those utensils are even non-toxic to keep you safe. It has thermally insulated plastic handles that do not melt yet keep your hand free from heat for additional safety.
These handles are anti-slip that ensure a firm and comfortable grip for convenient cooking. With its 1.6lbs weight, it becomes excellent lightweight camping cookware to carry easily. You can easily store all those utensils together in a mesh bag for better portability. Overall, it offers fast cooking with a leak-proof design and even heat distribution.
Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Features:
- The cookware set offers rigid anodized aluminum construction for handling higher temperatures and durability.
- It features a non-stick surface for healthy food cooking and a loofah sponge for easy and hassle-free
- You will get a quick heat transformation that distributes the heat fast and saves your fuel and cooking time.
- The thermally insulated plastic handles are anti-slip that offer comfort and convenience when cooking.
- It has a foldable design with 1.6lbs weight that makes it overly facile to carry and store.
6. REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Kettle
REDCAMP PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit comes with some best camping pots and pans. You will have frying pans, pots, fork, spoons, and other necessary utensils to make your camping more enjoyable. All those pots and pans are made of high-quality rigid anodized aluminum. As a consequence, you get higher longevity and easy cleaning.
Besides, since it does not peel off when cooking, you get healthier food every time you cook. Moreover, it conducts the heat quickly that ensures an even and fast heat distribution for quick and perfect cooking. This also saves your fuel and time when cooking. It even looks nice with its classic discerning design.
With its 1.67 lbs weight, you can easily carry it in your camping bag without feeling any additional weight. You know, carrying a bag during camping is the most hassle for everyone. Besides, it features an oxford bag that allows you to store more utensils and ensures comfortable carrying.
REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Features:
- The cookware comes with a complete set of utensils that fulfill your demands of camping cooking.
- It features anodized aluminum construction to handle high temperatures and prolong durability.
- The set conducts the heat quickly to cook any food fast and save time and fuel during the cooking in an open fire.
- You will have a classic design that looks nice to set yourself apart from others in camping.
- The cookware set’s weight is only 1.67 lbs and comes with an oxford bag that makes it easier to carry.
How Do You Cook an Open Fire Camping? Step by Step Guide
It does not matter how good your cookware is if you do not know how to cook an open fire camping. Do you know how to do it? Well, don’t worry since we have got your back. Here is the process of cooking an open fire camping.
Prepare things at home:
Many people plan to make everything on spot for camping cooking. However, that will be a foolish decision since it will take so much time just to prepare things there. In that case, the best thing you can do is organize things at home before going camping. Prepare everything possible you need to cook food. This includes cutting meats, making vegetables and spices, and others. This will help you cook in a short time without any hassle.
Make things ready:
Now when you are camping, you need to make everything ready to cook those prepared foods. In that case, the first thing you need is a stove or wood to create an open fire. Also, you will need water, a knife, spoons, and other things to cook. Before starting the cooking, you need to make all those things ready. You surely don’t want to find anything after you start cooking.
Make a fire:
Now it is time to make a fire. You cannot cook anything until you achieve a good fire. Making fire in an open place is not a cup of tea, especially when you are making fire with wood. In that case, you should use a coal stove or gas stove that will help you make a good fire to cook any food quickly. Adjust the fire output and make it suitable for your food.
Cook your food:
After making the fire and preparing everything, you are ready to cook. Don’t try something new here as this may destroy your cooking. It is always better to cook something that you are good at. If you are new at cooking, make sure you have practice cooking the food at home that you will cook camping. This will help you save your most valuable time as well as effort.
Serve the food:
After cooking, you can now serve the food to others. If you choose a good cookware set, you will get some spoons and others to serve the food. Make sure you have taken plates and bowls with you for a better serving. If possible, you can try eating in leaves that will give you a natural flavor of eating.
How to Clean Camping Cookware? Step by Step guide
After cooking and eating, it is mandatory to clean the cookware set. No matter if you’ll cook next time or take your cookware set back, you’ve to clean your cookware set in the camping. So here is the process for you.
Don’t clean in the open water source:
When cleaning your cookware, make sure you are not cleaning it in any open water source. This will make the open water source contaminated and may harm other people, animals, and others as well. In that case, you should make a hole, bring water from open sources, and then clean your cookware. After cleaning, try to fulfill the whole with sand or soil.
Water your cookware:
The first step to clean the cookware is to water the cookware and make the set wet. If possible, you can keep the cookware set under the water on the whole for a couple of hours. This will loosen the dirt and remaining food from the cookware, and your cleaning will be easy. If not, then you need to rinse the cookware completely.
Try sand or soap water:
After watering the cookware, it is time to completely clean those loosen dirt and stuck food. For that, you can use natural sand that you may find in your camping place. Or you can take soap water to clean it. I will suggest you use sand if possible since it will help you get a natural feeling. Sand is an older method to clean the cookware that you can use to effectively clean.
In some cases, the dirt and stuck food are so stubborn that it is impossible to clean with soap or sand. In that case, you can use pads along with the sand and soap water. There are different types of pads available for cleaning the cookware. You can cull any cleaning pads based on your convenience. However, make sure the cookware can handle the scratch and pressure you will put during cleaning.
Dry your cookware:
Next, dry your cookware. If you want to cook next time with the same cookware, you have to clean it. Otherwise, you should not expect a long-lasting service. For drying, you can use natural sunlight, which is the best way to dry it. Or you can use fire heat to clean it as well. This drying will also help you kill the germs in the cookware for healthier food next time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have any questions to ask? If so, then you should check out the question section below.
Can you put stainless steel on open fire?
If you have experience with a campfire, you know that the temperature goes higher than aluminum or stainless steel cookware can tolerate. Therefore, you might damage or bend the cookware on it.
What can you cook on an open fire?
You can cook anything you like on an open fire. But you have to make sure that the cookware you are going to use on the fire has the tolerance of the high heat. So, consider the construction of them.
Can you use a cast-iron skillet over a campfire?
A skillet is one of the most used cookware when you are camping. Therefore, you can use a cast-iron skillet over a campfire to achieve your desired sears on the foods you might like.
What types of metals can be used for open fire cooking?
You can use aluminum and stainless steel cookware on an open fire. But you have to take a closer look so that they don’t get damaged with the high heat. So, cast iron should be the best option for it.
If you are an outdoor camping enthusiast, you should have a good cookware set. When you have a good set, you can easily prepare meals, boil food, grill, and fry. Also, it lets you carry the set without feeling too much weight in your backpack. We have portrayed some right camping cookware for your camping.
However, if you cannot choose the best camping cookware for open fire, I will suggest the yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set. It has hard-anodized aluminum construction for healthier food, easy cleaning, and higher temperature resistance. Also, this set ensures fast cooking with good portability. So overall, this cookware set can be an ideal option for your camping.