For successful camping, you require so many things, including camping gear, tent, protective equipment, and more. At the same time, you have to ensure your daily nutritious meals and keep your body energized. Otherwise, your camping mission may fade in smoke. So, you need the best camping cookware for open fire.
You should choose a cookware set considering ease of use, comfort handling, nonstick cooking surface, cleaning, and so forth. However, in this article, we have developed the camping cookware set based on these features.
Table of Content:
Scanning the entire article becomes more comfortable and fun for you if you come across a table of content. For your convenient surfing throughout the item, we have added the below table of content.
- 6 Best Camping Cookware for Open Fire Reviews 2020
- 1. Camping Cookware Set 304 Stainless Steel 8-Piece Pots
- 2. Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit
- 3. Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set
- 4. yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans
- 5. Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set 4 Person Camping Gear Campfire Utensils Non-Stick Cooking
- 6. REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Kettle
- How Do You Cook an Open Fire Camping? Step by Step Guide
- How to Clean Camping Cookware? Step by Step guide
- Final Thought
The below comparison chart of our selected camping cookware set contains a short brief of them. Thus, you can learn a bit about these cookware sets and make a purchase decision from the comparison chart.
Camping Cookware Set 304 Stainless Steel 8-Piece Pots
Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit
Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set
yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans
Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set 4 Person Camping Gear Campfire Utensils Non-Stick Cooking
REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Kettle
6 Best Camping Cookware for Open Fire Reviews 2020
We have tested, evaluated, and compared each other before placing the best camping cookware for open fire in the review article. So, you might find all of them useful or can choose yours from them.
1. Camping Cookware Set 304 Stainless Steel 8-Piece Pots
The cookware set comes with all your necessary pots, pans, steamer, strainer, and more that will completely meet your needs in the wilderness. The compact design and its foldable handles allow you to carry them in a provided tote bag easily.
The cookware set allows you to use charcoal, open fire, gas induction, and more when you are on your camping, hiking mission with your family. The superior stainless steel construction of the cookware set makes you worry-free about its durability and sturdiness. Each part of the cookware set has its easy-grip handle that can be folded after you use them.
Thus, it does not need a lot of space to keep them inside the tote bag with the product. You can carry anywhere you need holding the tote bag's comfortable handle. While cooking in an open fire, the cooking surface's non-stick coating helps you cook quicker, and the cooked foods slide off the pan without leaving leftover foods.
Camping Cookware Set 304 Features:
- Mess-free cooking and cleaning are only possible with the cookware set because of having a nonstick cooking surface.
- Stainless steel construction of the camping cookware set ensures extra durability and longevity.
- The cookware set is most suitable for both outdoors and indoors due to its compact design.
- Its pans and pots have pure aluminum encapsulated cooking base that distributes heat evenly throughout the surface.
- The dishwasher-safe feature of the cookware set provides you with mess-free and faster cleaning.
2. Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit
Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware should be one of the most useful and popular camping cookware sets out there in the competition. It comes with 22 pieces including pans, pots, ladle, kettles, etc. that will meet your needs in the wilderness. What you need for a complete cooking solution can be found here, from pots to pans to forks.
The cookware set offers multi-ways cooking, meaning that you can use the pots, pans and kettle on firewood or gas tank to cook your delicious foods. This cookware set under 100 can help you cook your delicious foods, too. In order to ensure the durability and easy cleaning, you will find each piece with a nice non-stick Teflon coating. The cooking surface can get even heat distribution to eliminate hotspots while cooking.
Each piece has foldable handles so that they occupy less space while carrying from one place to another. With a mesh bag, you can conveniently take all these pieces of cookware with you. The cookware set also offers versatility to use them for camping, backpacking, picnic, hiking, and other outdoor missions.
Odoland 22pcs Features:
- The cookware set comes with necessary items, that is the best investment for your camping mission.
- The non-stick Teflon coating of the cooking surface offers you quick heat and easy cleaning after cooking.
- Stainless steel construction of the camping cookware set lasts for a long time.
- Foldable handles of the cookware set are convenient for easy carry storing them inside a carry bag.
- It offers multi-ways cooking to use them with a gas tank or firewood.
3. Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set
The lightweight feature of the camping cookware helps you to carry them anywhere you need in your backpack. You can store all pieces of the cookware set in one carry bag that comes with the product's shipping box.
You will come across a 10 piece set, including the pot, frying pan, and tea kettle. These pieces will help you make a successful camping journey this year. However, they are made of concrete and light aluminum oxide that ensures their friction-resistant and high-temperature resistance.
Non-stick Teflon coating is a must when you are in the wilderness because you have less time to do things. Therefore, the coating helps you clean the pots and pans faster to start your hunting session earlier. It does not matter whether you go for camping, backpacking, hiking, or trekking; you should find the cookware set valuable for you.
Winterial Camping Features:
- The lightweight feature of the cookware set benefits you to carry it conveniently.
- It needs less space while storing it because of having foldable handles.
- Stable and light aluminum oxide is used in this cookware set to make it friction and high temperature resistant.
- The cookware set does not release harmful substances to foods like PFOA.
- Non-stick Teflon coating has made it durable and helps you clean them easily.
4. yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans
When you are after a backpacking cookware set, yodo Anodized Aluminum set should come first in your choice list. The cookware set allows you to cook foods for not less than four to five people quickly. The anodized aluminum cooking surface of the cookware set heats up quickly, and you are ready to start cooking without wasting your time and fuel.
Carrying is convenient due to its having a mesh package for storing. Within the container, you can conveniently put all the cookware pieces together and bring anywhere you need to go with it. Also, the hard-anodized coating of the cookware set provides durability and healthy cooking. It does not allow harmful elements PFOA to emit while cooking to the foods.
On the open fire, it should perform better than any other cookware set out there. Therefore, you might find it suitable and perfect for your outdoor activities. You will also come across its bowls and plates to serve your cooked foods and are made of polypropylene.
yodo Anodized Aluminum Features:
- The cookware set is lightweight, durable, and sturdy due to its construction with anodized aluminum materials.
- Being high-temperature resistant, it offers you the most convenient cooking surface.
- Foldable handles of the cookware set to benefit you easy and fast transport.
- The versatile camping cookware set will avail you to go for camping, hiking and more.
- The cookware set also saves your time due to its quick heat transferring feature.
5. Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Set 4 Person Camping Gear Campfire Utensils Non-Stick Cooking
Camping cookware sets should be lightweight and the best camping cookware for open fire so that you can carry conveniently to your desired place. In this case, Gutsdoor camping cookware sets are one of the most lightweight camping cookware sets in the market. With the cookware set, you can quickly cook foods for at least four people. The non-stick cookware set allows you to cook and clean faster than others.
You will discover a loofah sponge with the cookware set for cleaning the pieces. It offers you healthy cooking and never releases any harmful substances to the food during cooking. Also, the non-stick coating helps to release the food off without keeping any leftover foods.
It is a complete solution for your camping tour because it provides you with a large pot with its cover, pan, coffee kettle, soup spoon, a bamboo ladle for rice, and more. Most importantly, a nylon carry bag comes with the cookware set for easy-carrying. In a compact mesh package, you can store all of them conveniently as their handles are foldable.
Gutsdoor Camping Cookware Features:
- Gutsdoor is one of the most compact and lightweight cookware sets that offers convenient transport.
- Its anti-slip design helps you to hold them firmly when you cook something.
- Foldable handles save space; therefore, you can easily store them in a compact mesh package.
- You don’t have to worry about its high temperature and abrasion resistance because it can withstand them.
- A cleaning sponge, loofah comes with the camping cookware set so that you can clean them easily.
6. REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Kettle
While choosing pots and pans for your camping mission, you need bigger and deeper ones that will fulfill your requirements in the wilderness. You might have to make tea for all your fellow members. In this case, you need nothing but the best camping pots and pans among the crowd. It weighs only 1.67 lbs that is very lightweight for carrying with you in the wilderness.
Within a very little space, you can store the cookware set inside the mesh package. You can cook food for four people. The anodized aluminum pot and pans save your time because it allows them to heat up quickly. So, your cooking should be completed within a short time that is a crucial feature of a camping cookware set.
The stainless steel construction of the cookware set ensures its durability and strength. Not only that, you can use any metal utensils as well with the pots and pans but carefully. Otherwise, you might scratch the cooking surface, which is detrimental to these pans and pots. You will get 18 pieces, including frying pans, pots, covers, forks, table knife, and more that will complete your camping mission cooking.
REDCAMP 9/12/18 Features:
- It offers the highest quality, easy-clean, and convenient carrying to the wilderness.
- Instead of using the dishwasher, you should hand wash them so that you don’t damage them.
- The compact, lightweight, and mini size of the cookware requires little space to store them.
- Anodized aluminum surfaces of the pots and pans ensure easy cleaning and cooking.
- Different sizes of pots, including large, medium, and mini, come with the cookware set.
How Do You Cook an Open Fire Camping? Step by Step Guide
Cooking an open fire camping might not be an easy task for you. Most importantly, you have to choose the perfect place and cookware so that you can cook comfortably without any trouble.
Finding the right location before starting to cook foods is a crucial part of camping cooking. Because wind can unstable your fire, and the entire cooking process may take more time than you can expect.
Also, you have to ensure that there are rocks to build a cooking place where you can put your cookware. If so, it might take more time to heat the location.
The second step is very considerable because you have to find the right kind of wood for making fire. In this situation, you also have to choose and bring dried wood or tree branches from here and there so that you can make fire instantly and start your cooking.
Wet woods, on the other hand, consume more time before they start firing. But you can place them beside your cooking place to get them dried, and then you can use them in the open fire.
As you have already selected the firing place and the wood, it is the perfect time for you to start cooking. Hold on! In this case, for open fire cooking, cast iron cookware is an excellent choice for you to start cooking.
Cast iron can tolerate high temperature and cooks foods on them evenly compared to other cookware such as stainless steel or aluminum. Also, make sure that the cookware is mostly non-stick because they offer faster cooking and release foods without sticking to the cooking surface.
How to Clean Camping Cookware? Step by Step guide
After cooking your foods, you need to clean the cookware, right? One thing you should keep in mind that the cleaning process should be faster and easier. In the wilderness, you might not be able to get anything you require near you. However, the best fire cooking dishes will do the hard work for you.
Before you start your cookware cleaning mission, make sure you have made a hole away from your tent. Alternatively, you should find a water source near your camping area to use the water of the water source. But it would be best if you do not use it directly. You have to boil some water for the cleaning purpose and keep it beside your tent.
You must consider bringing non-stick cookware with you. Do you know why? Non-stick cookware does not only offer you faster cooking but also easier and quicker cleaning. So, make sure you have used non-stick cookware so that you can clean easily because leftover and burnt-out foods cannot stick on the cooking surface of the pans and pots.
It would be best if you never forgot to bring a sponge and detergent or soap. Before you start using them, you have to use the hot water you have boiled to wet the dishes and cookware. After that, you should use the detergent, soap, and sponge to rub out the dirt from the cookware. In this way, you can clean your camping cookware in the wilderness.
Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions that we have come up with will help you figure out the best camping cookware for open fire.
Can you put stainless steel on open fire?
If you have experience with a campfire, you know that the temperature goes higher than aluminum or stainless steel cookware can tolerate. Therefore, you might damage or bend the cookware on it.
What can you cook on an open fire?
You can cook anything you like on an open fire. But you have to make sure that the cookware you are going to use on the fire has the tolerance of the high heat. So, consider the construction of them.
Can you use a cast-iron skillet over a campfire?
A skillet is one of the most used cookware when you are camping. Therefore, you can use a cast-iron skillet over a campfire to achieve your desired sears on the foods you might like.
What types of metals can be used for open fire cooking?
You can use aluminum and stainless steel cookware on an open fire. But you have to take a closer look so that they don't get damaged with the high heat. So, cast iron should be the best option for it.
If you want to make successful camping this season, you must need the best camping cookware for open fire. You might be thinking of using aluminum or stainless steel cookware for that. From our experience, we can suggest you use cast iron cookware because they are more durable and sturdy.
But we should recommend you end up choosing Gutsdoor because of its quality, material, fast cooking, and evenly-distributed heat. Its anti-slip design does not allow them to slip off your hands while cooking. Also, they can withstand high temperatures and abrasion during your cooking session.