Cooking rice is a hassle since it requires special attention, especially when you have other tasks to focus on. Most of the time, we end up with not perfectly cooked rice. A good 3 cup rice cooker can be a great solution here, especially for a single person or a small family. However, you can get the best output only when you have the best 3 cup rice cooker.
These cookers are usually automated and less time consuming to reduce the hassle while cooking. You can even cook soups, stew, pasta, and even cakes as well if you choose the best cooker. Finding the right cooker can surely be a daunting job unless you have an expert team doing the search for you. Stick to the article, our expert team has a list of 3-cup rice cookers that can finally ease your life.
How Big Is A 3 Cup Rice Cooker?
Many people think 3 cup rice cooker is too small for a family. But the truth is, it’s not that small since the average size of a 3 cup cooker is 9.5 x 9.5 x 7.5 inches with an average weight is 6 pounds. With its size, you can cook 1 to 3 cups of rice where every cup is 6 oz. Moreover, not to get confused, these 3 cups refer to the dry and uncooked rice rather than cooked fluffy ones.
So, 3 cups of uncooked rice will give you approximately 6 cups of cooked rice. It’s usually enough for 2 to 3 people depending on their eating habits. So you can understand how big a 3 cup rice cooker is.
Table of Content:
If you like things organized, here is a table of content to help you navigate through the whole article. It’ll help you get to the specific section you want to know about:
- What Is The Best 3 Cup Rice Cooker?
- 5 Best 3 Cup Rice Cooker Reviews 2021
- 1. Smartest Rice Cooker with Intelligent Algorithm: Cuckoo Electric Rice Cooker
- 2. Editors Choice: Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer
- 3. Faster Rice Cooker: Tiger Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 4. Best Automatic Rice Cooker: Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic Rice Cooker
- 5. Most Userfriendly Rice Cooker: Mishcdea Small Rice Cooker
- How Do You Make 3 Cups Of Rice In A Rice Cooker?
What Is The Best 3 Cup Rice Cooker?
Finding the best 3 Cup Rice Cooker becomes easier when you have expert suggestions. For this reason, right below this section, our expert team listed the top 5 “3-cup” rice cookers.
- Smartest Rice Cooker with Intelligent Algorithm: Cuckoo Electric Rice Cooker
- Editors Choice: Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer
- Faster Rice Cooker: Tiger Rice Cooker and Warmer
- Best Automatic Rice Cooker: Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic Rice Cooker
- Most Userfriendly Rice Cooker: Mishcdea Small Rice Cooker
Need a quick look at which 3-cup rice cookers we’ve selected after the research? here is a quick comparison list containing all of them, have a look:
Smartest Rice Cooker with Intelligent Algorithm
|Cuckoo CRP-EHSS0309FG 3 Cup Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Faster Rice Cooker
|Tiger JNP-0550-FL 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Automatic Rice Cooker
|Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Most Userfriendly Rice Cooker
|Mishcdea Small Rice Cooker, Personal Size Cooker||
||Check Price On Amazon|
5 Best 3 Cup Rice Cooker Reviews 2021
3 cup rice cooker makes the cooking process more convenient and easy to make the demand sky high. The demand makes the market saturated with fake products and getting the best 3 cup rice cooker becomes a lot harder. Our expert team has researched them and enlisted the top 3 cup rice cookers that can legitimately ease your life:
1. Smartest Rice Cooker with Intelligent Algorithm: Cuckoo Electric Rice Cooker
The cuckoo rice cooker comes with fuzzy logic and an intelligent algorithm to detect temperature, grain type, and cook time. By analyzing these, it can control the heating to remove any guesswork and make your dishes ready within a very short time. It features a touch selection menu and a blue LED screen that makes it easier to use for anyone. For even more convenience, it offers navigation for voice control! You can control it in three languages including Chinese, Korean, and English.
With its durable stainless steel interior and ventilation system, this cooker can be the best rice cooker stainless steel. Cleaning is not a big deal here as it comes with a non-stick coating that ensures effortless cleaning after use. The cooker offers safety as well. You have automatic pressure, steam emission, and temperature control for safety and preventing the rice from damaging. A lid locking device is also there for additional safety. Even it offers you an overheating alarm so that you can save your rice from overheating if you are busy with your work.
Cuckoo Electric Technical Details:
- Manufacturer: CUCKOO
- Model: CRP-EHSS0309FG
- Color: Gold
- Material: Metallic
- Capacity: 3 Cups
- Dimensions of the Product: 15 x 11 x 10 inches
- Weight: 11 pounds
Cuckoo Electric Features:
- The cooker has a highly intelligent algorithm that removes the guesswork and cooks rice perfectly every time you cook.
- You can set everything with voice and touch with the touch screen menu and LED for maximum convenience.
- It has durable stainless steel construction and a stainless steel ventilation system for maximum durability.
- You can easily clean the cooker after cooking the rice with its non-stick coating on the steel.
- The cooker offers maximum safety for you and your rice with its automation design and overheating alarm.
2. Editors Choice: Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer
If you are looking for the best 3 cup rice cooker, then this Zojirushi rice cooker and warmer can be a good option. It comes with the advanced fuzzy logic technology that cooks perfect rice every time. You can set customized settings for different types of rice for smooth cooking. Even it features a special steel-cut oatmeal setting for quick oatmeal cooking. It lets you cook in high-temperature as it offers a removable steam vent cap. A GABA brown rice setting is there to ensure healthier cooking options.
With its Triple heater function, it distributes even heating all around for accurate cooking. An automatic warm and reheating cycle keeps rice warmer that makes it the best rice cooker warmer. You have a fold-down handle and an easy to store retractable cord that allows you to transport the cooker easily. A removable and washable inside lid is there that makes it easier to clean after using. With its compact size, you can place it anywhere and cook as little as 1/2 a cup of rice that makes it ideal for small families or couples.
Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Technical Details:
- Brand: Zojirushi
- Model: Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer
- Color: Stainless Black
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 3 Cups
- Dimensions of the Product: 11.88 x 9.13 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 6 pounds
Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Features:
- The cooker has fuzzy logic technology that adjusts the time and temperature perfectly for preparing perfect rice every time.
- It features a special steel-cut oatmeal setting where the cooking flow is different and faster to cook oatmeal.
- High-temperature is possible without messy overflows for its Triple heater function.
- You can keep your rice warmer several hours after cooking with its automatic warm and reheating cycle.
- It features a Triple heater function that evenly distributes heat through the rice to ensure perfect cooking.
3. Faster Rice Cooker: Tiger Rice Cooker and Warmer
Tiger Rice Cooker and Warmer is another example of a good 3 cup rice cooker. It offers you simple and fast rice cooking. With its removable steam vent cap, you can easily cook rice at high temperatures if you want even faster cooking. The Removable and washable steam vent is easier to clean as well. After cooking, you can keep the rice warm up to 12 hours with its keep-warm function. A removable dew collector is there to help you stop condensation from going everywhere.
With its non-stick inner pan and spatula, you can easily serve the rice after cooking. Also, since this inner does not stick to rice, you can easily clean the cooker after cooking. A lid handle lets you move the cooker anywhere, even right after the cooking. You have a Retractable power cord as well that makes it easier to place it anywhere and cook.
Tiger Rice Cooker Technical Details:
- Manufacturer: Tiger Corporation
- Color: White
- Material: Plastic
- Capacity: 3 Cups
- Dimensions Of the Product: 8.7 x 9.1 x 8.8 inches
- Weight: 5.6 pounds
Tiger Rice Cooker Features:
- The cooker automatically switches to the ‘Keep Warm’ function after the cooking is completed for up to 12 hours.
- Its removable steam vent cap prevents messy overflow when you cook at a higher temperature.
- You can clean the cooker with its non-stick inner pan along with a removable and washable steam vent.
- The removable dew collector prevents mess around the cooker for a better cooking experience.
- A retractable power cord and a lid handle are there too for easy moving and placing.
4. Best Automatic Rice Cooker: Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic Rice Cooker
You can cook fluffy, restaurant-quality rice every time with the Panasonic Automatic Rice Cooker. No matter if it is stir-fries, sticky rice, Spanish rice, or hearty wild rice, you can cook with accurate flavor with ease. It comes with a one-step automated feature. All you need to do is to add rice, pour water, secure the lid, and press the button to cook the rice. An auto-shutoff feature is there that will turn off the cooker after the cooking is done that makes it the best automatic rice cooker.
You have an inner aluminum cooking pan that heats the cooker fast to ensure even heating. As a consequence, every grain of rice will get boiled properly. It features a glass lid that traps heat, nutrition, and moisture for healthier cooking. Also, you can monitor the cooking without removing the lid for this glass. Its non-stick coated Aluminum Pan lets you clean the cooker without any hassle. You have side handles for easy and safe movement. Overall, its sleek and modern design complements any kitchen décor.
Panasonic SR-G06FG Technical Details:
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Color: Silver
- Material: Aluminum
- Capacity: 3 Cups
- Wattage: 310 watts
- Dimensions of the Product: 9.29 x 9.29 x 7.32 inches
- Weight: 5.72 pounds
Panasonic SR-G06FG Features:
- The cooker has one-step automatic cooking that lets you cook top-quality rice with one single press.
- Its auto-shut-off prevents overheating to ensure perfectly cooked rice every time.
- The aluminum cooking pan evenly distributes heat throughout the cooker to boil rice properly.
- Its non-stick aluminum inner prevents cooked rice from sticking to the cooker that makes it easy to serve and clean.
- You have the see-thru glass lid that preserves all the nutrients as well as offers a clear view of cooking.
5. Most Userfriendly Rice Cooker: Mishcdea Small Rice Cooker
The Mishcdea Rice Cooker is an excellent example of the best small rice cooker that comes with a user-friendly design to make cooking easy. You can cook 3 cups of uncooked rice easily with this one. You can cook with a simple button press for its sensitive touch panel. A beep audio indicator is there that will beep to indicate that your cooking cycle is complete. It’s auto warm function keeps the cooked item warm up to 12 hours for a fresh and hot rice serving. You can even preset the delayed cooking time to cook a different item.
For easy navigation and setting, a digital LED display is there too. With its comfortable handle, you can easily carry the rice cooker to any place you want. The cleaning process is easier with the stainless steel external housing along with the removable Inner Lid. Also, its non-stick coating does not stick to the rice during the cooking. A black thick spherical pan is there that ensures even heating every time for perfect cooking. So overall, this fashion is looking, and a compact cooker will be perfect for a single person or a small family.
Mishcdea Technical Details:
- Manufacturer: Mishcdea
- Color: White
- Capacity: 0.8 Liters
- Wattage: 300 watts
- Dimensions Of the Product: 8.07 x 7.87 x 8.66 inches
- Weight: 5.54 pounds
- The cooker has 7 function keys that fulfill your daily needs to cook different types of rice cooking easily.
- You’ll get beet audio notification lets you know when the cooking is done to prevent overheating.
- Its black thick spherical pan delivers even heating to boil every grain of rice for better cooking.
- The stay-cool side handles ensure convenient and safe moving to prevent scalding or any other accidents.
- It features a removable Inner Lid and non-sticky inner pan to make it easy to clean after every use.
How Do You Make 3 Cups Of Rice In A Rice Cooker?
Cooking rice with the rice cooker is easier. Nowadays, some automated cookers make cooking even easier since it automatically cooks the rice. Still, however, you need to follow some instructions to get professional, restaurant type rice every time you cook. So here is the process I am showing you to cook fluffy and perfectly cooked rice.
Measure the rice
The first step of cooking rice is to measure rice. Since you are cooking 3 cups of rice only, you have to measure the rice. It seems easy for sure, but if you do not measure it properly, you may not get perfect rice. Some cookers come with built-in measurement cups that are not the same as the traditional American cup. In that case, if you follow the traditional cup, you may end up putting more or less rice in the cooker than necessary. So try to use the built-in measuring cup and take 3 cups of rice in a bowl.
Rinse it with the water
After measuring the rice, you need to rinse the water. Rinsing the rice can remove the pesticides, herbicides, and contaminants it has. Besides, it prevents rice from sticking together as well. So if you want fluffy and not-stuck rice, you should rinse it with water. In that case, you can either pour water into the bowl or put the bowl under the faucet.
Use your hand to rinse rice properly. Change the water several times if you pour water into the bowl. Also, keep rinsing the rice until it becomes clear and dirt free. Use your hand to drain away from the water from the bowl. Here, you may see some floating rice on the water. Let them go out with the water as most of it is dirt.
When adding water, the most asked question is how much water you should add. Well, it depends on which type of rice you are dealing with. You may find some cookers with the list of rice types and the water needed for each type of rice. Also, there are some necessary measurements too. You can either use this list, or you can follow the list given in the cooker manual.
Soak the rice
Some people soak the rice after adding water at room temperature. They do it to cook rice fast. However, a lot of people out there who do not like to do it since it takes some extra effort. Since it is not mandatory, you either do it or skip it.
To improve the taste of the rice, you can add flavor as well. In the Indian style rice cooking, using the cardamom seeds or a bay leaf is common. It improves the scent and taste of your rice. Also, you can use a bit of salt as well to change the taste. You have to add it when you light the cooker to mix the flavor properly.
Follow cooker instruction
Now you have to follow the instructions given in the cooker. Why? Well, there are some automated cookers and some manual cookers. In the automatic cooker, the cooker itself can control the temperature, rice type, and time to cook rice perfectly. Here, you need to press a simple button only to cook the rice. It will shut off once the rice is cooked automatically. On the semi-automated or manual cooker, it will show or alarm notification to let you know the cooking is done. Next, turn off the switch. Here, you have to adjust the setting based on the type of rice or amount of rice. So follow the instruction of the cooker to cook.
Wait and cook
Then close the lid, plug into the outlet, and then switch your cooker on. It is time to wait until the cooking is done. You can do other stuff such as cooking other items or cleaning the kitchen or rooms by this time. Don’t try to open the lid out of curiosity to check the rice. It will tell you once the rice is done. Enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some questions may have aroused by now in your mind? If yes, you should have a look at the FAQ section below.
How much water do I use for 3 cups of rice in a rice cooker?
How long does 3 cups of rice take in a rice cooker?
How much water do I need for 3 cups of jasmine rice?
A 3 cup cooker is great for cooking professional-grade rice every day for a small family or single person. You can have perfectly-cooked rice even when you are busy with other tasks when you have a good cooker. Talking about the good rice cooker, we have portrayed the best 3 cup rice cookers in the market for you in this article.
If you are still confused about choosing the best overall rice cooker, I can suggest you go for the Zojirushi rice cooker and warmer. It offers advanced fuzzy logic technology, customized settings, and even heat distribution for the best rice cooking experience. With its easy cleaning and convenient portability, this one can be the perfect option for you.